- WHAT IS THE EVENT DATE?
Run To The Beat Beijing 21K, 10K, and 5K will be held on May 20th, 2018.
- WHERE IS THE VENUE? HOW DO I GET THERE?
The venue is located at Ming Tomb Reservoir. The triathlon competitions at the 2008 Summer Olympics were held at this venue. Transportation information to be posted soon!
- HOW TO REGISTER?
Register here: https://endurancecui.active.com/event-reg/select-race?e=48745853 You will fill in a registration form on Active.com. After successfully registered, you will receive two emails. One is a purchase confirmation letter from Active.com, the other one is the registration confirmation letter from IMG China. The latter one will contain a QR code, which is the proof of your registration for packet pick-up.
- WHAT IF I DID NOT RECEIVE MY CONFIRMATION EMAIL, BUT MY PURCHASE HAS ALREADY GONE THROUGH?
You can visit myevent.active.com, log in to your account. The confirmation letter with QR code can be download on their website.
- IF I REGISTERED THROUGH A THIRD PARTY PLATFORM, HOW CAN I OBTAIN THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL ISSUED BY ACTIVE SYSTEM?
Run To The Beat Beijing is partnering with the following ticketing platforms for race registration: 247; Zuicool; Codoon; IRanShao; Zhixingheyi. If you registered through one of these third party registration platforms, your race registration is valid. You will receive a race confirmation email generated by Active system with the QR code around April 20th. Please bring this confirmation email to the Packet Pick Up.
- WHAT ARE THE DISTANCES IN THIS RACE? ARE THERE ANY REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION?
The Half Marathon and 10KM participants must be 16 or older. 5KM participants must be 12 or older. Note: Participants who are younger than 16 must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians on race day.
- WHAT IS THE CUT OFF TIME?
The Cut Off Time for half marathon is 4 hours; For 10 km is 2 hours; For 5 km is 1 hour.
- HOW WILL THE MUSIC STATION SET UP ON COURSE?
There will be 7 Music Stations on course. DJs and artists will be playing on course to cheer for the runners. Live band performance at the Center Stage will be welcoming the runners as they crossing the Finish Line.
- CAN I USE EARPHONES ON COURSE?
Of course, even if we have live bands and dj on course, you are still welcomed to run with your own "beats".
- WHAT DO I RECEIVE WITH A GENERAL REGISTRATION?
For general registration, you will receive:
• Race Entry
• Limited edition
• Draw string bag for race day bag storage
• Bib and Timing chip
• On course support
• Race day runner's insurance
• Finisher's medal
• Two spectator wristbands
- IF MY FRIENDS OR FAMILY WANT TO CHEER FOR ME ON RACE DAY, DO THEY NEED SPECTATOR TICKETS?
Each athlete will receive 2 spectator wristbands in their race packet. On race day, spectators must wear the wristband to enter the venue. If you need more wristbands, you can request additional ones from the info tent at the packet pick up. One athlete can have no more than 5 wrist bands in total. (Extra wristbands are subject to availability)
- IS THERE ANY UPGRADE ON TOP OF THE GENERAL REGISTRATION?
Yes. You can purchase the SUPER BEAT packet to upgrade your race day experience. SUPER BEAT packet includes, but not limited to the following items.
• Limited edition quick-dry cap (available until sold out)
• Finisher medal engraving
• Finish line catering
- I HAVE NEVER RAN A HALF MARATHON BEFORE, DO I STILL HAVE TIME FOR TRAINING?
It varies and depends on your own physical condition. Normally, training period for half marathon is 12-16 weeks, and shorter for 10 km and 5 km. Don't push yourself too hard in the beginning, and gradually add miles to your training . We have posted Beginner Training Plan for half marathon, 10 km, and 5 km. Go check them out!
- IS THERE ANY OTHER ACTIVITIES ON THE RACE DAY?
Sponsor Expo will be held on race day and it’s free to attend. Sponsors and partner brands will showcase their latest products and services and entertain the runners and spectators. A selection of food and beverage vendors will also be at the Expo to promote healthy dining options.
- WHEN IS THE DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION?
Registration is open until May 16th, 2018, but also subject to availability.
- WHAT IS RUN TO THE BEAT?
The "Beat" in Run To The Beat referes to the beats from the music. In addition to music, the event also encourages runners to discover their own definition to the "beat" in running, which can also be considered as the "motivation" to their run. Join the #MyRunMyBeat, #我有我节拍# compaign to share the "beat" to your run!